Saturday 8 July 2017

Out and about

“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” 
Robert A. Heinlein

There are quite a few Robert Heinlein books on our shelves, not all of them good!  When it comes to the book "Stranger in a strange land" it could be said to be a classic title, and used out of context in popular culture on many occasions.

It certainly wasn't always popular, and indeed was banned in the US for many years. Moving about as we do, the title seems to perhaps resonate more with us as we settle into new domains. With good fortune on our side perhaps we will be not be strangers here for long - particularly if our current freedom persists and grants us the ability to mingle outside our domicile regularly.  Like we did this week! Here's a taster..


The first two scenes are live music - last Saturday at the Italian Club for a big band experience, and then last night at our local cidery for a great night with Pepper Jane.  And finally today at the sandy interface for frolic with like minded humans and canines. Bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment